startling banals

27 September 2004

haikus (last one by issa others mine)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
having wine with friends
grapes are very wonderful
hope this night never ends.
sparrow at window
hanging his head in despair --
no place to build nest.

ant bit me on lips
a kiss for stealing biscuits --
their property now
stains on window
fool me when i move my head --
somebody moving
friend's room .. he has left
new people - old memories --
room weeps in silence
can't live all alone
blissful day filled with friends --
today i'm happy
days pass without dates
daily work keeps pestering -
heartless clock ticks on
lazy day
perpetual rain -
even the sparrows haven't left their homes
the rain has gone
drops still fall -
trees crying
i just forgot now
what was i going to say -
new thoughts trickle in

Almost morning time
bees on tubelight in my room
compell me to sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dewdrops scatter--
the sparrow sings
of next-life salvation
-Issa, 1810

1 Comments:

""lazy day
perpetual rain -
even the sparrows haven't left their homes""

I like this the best...rainy days and bunked classes,,, very nostalgic :))
Blogger kaa, at 12.1.06  

Add a comment