startling banals

29 March 2006

3 'O clock walk

Used to go from hostel to main gate at night with my fellow insomniacs to have cigarette and cutting chai. It was a 2 - 3 km walk and the road used to be deserted with koyals, some water- birds and miscelleneous birds calling each other. We used to stay up all night watching movies or just talking randomly :D. Tonight I went with TD to a gas station some 15 min walk from our home at around 3.30 to buy un paquete de cigarillos. Boston is quite safe at nights and we live very much in the city like VT in Bombay. Some birds were making a god melody. The nights are not as chilly as they used to be still hovering about zero but thankfully not negative. Seems spring is on her way. Thought of a silly haiku.
No cigarettes at home
Night walk to the gas station
Spring birds awake too

6 Comments:

I really like your haikus, Anish.

You do miss Bombay a lot. I'm happy you will be coming here this summer.
Blogger Selma Mirza, at 29.3.06  
Thanx evenstar. I also hope to escape Bombay to meet my friends scattered all over. No shortage of plans. Btw i hope you make a fat harmonium file to scare the visa officer into giving u a visa :D
Blogger anish, at 30.3.06  
Btw, if the visa gets through, I'll be going to Amhesrt.
Blogger Selma Mirza, at 30.3.06  
wow. i hope u like it here too. took me time, but now i have made my peace with boston, esp mass state is cool & liberal in the US way. best of luck for the interview! i rem mine - i kept my fat file at the side and all i was asked was my I20 and passport. was out of the consulate in 10-15 min. mumbai cons is cool - (i heard from friends how bad it is in calcutta). do well!
Blogger anish, at 30.3.06  
thank you anish. i got an admit from sjsu too now. so i'm a little confused :-S

btw, did i ever tell you I really like your blog layout. Especially the way the pictures to the right appear one below the other. It maybe a small thing, but i like it a whole lot. Very beautiful.
Blogger Selma Mirza, at 2.4.06  
thank you very much. i thought i should have a nice background. the juicy kharbooja and something on the side :D. u can give any suggestions for making it better - u r the champion blogger :).
though i am not a 'good student', i can tell u that u shud look at what u expect from ur MS in chosing the univ and try to get in touch with as many seniors as u can (u must already be doing this probably).
Blogger anish, at 2.4.06  

Add a comment